Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Was reading on another,(inferior),forum this morning that the Algarve railway service is being enhanced with effect from 9th.July.
Apparently the existing gaps in the service are being eradicated and the new service will operate almost every two hours from Faro to Lagos and every hour from Faro to Tavira.Dependent on flight arrival/departure times,this could make train transfers to and from resort a distinct possibility.
Sagres,
Never tried anything other than taxi. Is it easy to get to the train station in Faro from the airport? I know where the train station is but the thought of trailing suitcases around doesn't sound too attractive!!!!
:glynis
Haven't tried it, Pat, but I think you'd need to get a taxi from the airport to the station as the bus that goes to Faro via the airport is just an ordinary service bus and not really equipped to carry as much luggage as passengers, if you get my meaning.
We would have no problem at the Lagos end as our hotel is less than 300yds. from the station.
There again, however, a door-to-door taxi service is a nice,relaxing start and end to the holiday.
Absolutely................ we would have to get to Faro, then to Conceicao by train and walk down the hill for 15 mins to Cabanas.........think I'll stick to the taxi :lol:
:glynis
think I'll stick to the taxi

........chewing gum on the seats again ????? :shock:
First the good news - they've installed a draught beer pump in our hotel in Lagos !!! :D :D :glynis

Next the not - so - good news - it's not Sagres :sulk ( come to think of it, it's not even Portuguese.)
Best to keep frequenting your acores bar then, Sagres, for the "real" thing
:rofl :glynis :rofl
For those lucky,lucky people who are off to Lagos soon, take another look at the Simplylagos website - they've re-vamped the restaurant reviews and added some new ones which look interesting.
Anyone recommend any good providers, and give me an idea on costs. I hope to spend more time over in the winter, but carry on working on a remote basis.
We use PT's own "sapo" broadband Mick, costs us 35 euros a month though, and I am not sure if it is available in all areas yet, but I think your place should be okay.

:)
What speed do you get m8?
The worst part is the download limits, very poor for international traffic (what ever that is!)
Hi Mick do you have a telephone line at your apartment or would you need to have one installed.We have a line at our house but had it disconnected when we bought, but wouldnt think there would be a problem to get reconnected. Have you any idea what it would cost for this have you enquired. Cheers Jayjan
The apartment is all connected for a telephone, but we havn't looked at costs yet. But it has to be far less costly than using a mobile.
....addick - you anorak !!!! :rofl
4 Meg m8 , thats very good.
Cheers for info.
Sagres, you can take the man out of Charlton...

:lol:
and what's their download limit? 2gb?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.