General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I agree with Fizz on Bill Bryson. Last year I took `Notes from a Small Island` and it was hilarious. I`ve just finished `Swallowing Grandma` by Kate Long. It`s a very light read and only took me few days. Starts off a bit slow but when you get to the middle you don`t want to put it down. I am taking Maeve Binchy Nights of Rain and Stars and Lisa Jewell Vince and Joy this year.
If you buy this months edition of "New Woman" you get a choice of two books in with the magazine for free. Easy Summer reads :lol:
No full stops in india by Mark Tully and Fasting Feasting by Anita Desai are great reads
As are any books by R K Narayan
Although I do not like the man, I find anything by Jeffery Archer a good holiday read.
me too BHIC.. i have read all his books (apart from the prison diaries) several times over.. and i always make sure i take a couple of his on holiday..i think my favourites are The Kane and Abel trilogy....
Val and Rob wrote:
my favourites are The Kane and Abel trilogy....

I think they are my favourites as well. I was going to read his Prison Diaries but have not got around to it yet. Not sure they would make for a good 'holiday read' though. :hmmm :roll:
I like the Archer books today The prison Diaries are interesting reads especially the first 2. I read the 1st one on holiday a couple of years ago.

I am thinking of taking the Time Travelers Wife as one of my reads to eygpt on Tuesday :D But a couple of the reveiws say it a Tearjerker. And I don't want to be wiping tears away at by the pool. Would people recommend it as a holiday read.
I also need advice, I travel on Friday and am trying to find 'PS I love you' by Celia Ahearn as it was recommended to me as a good holiday read for me and my 13 year old daughter.

Just had a quick look in Smiths and couldn't see it in the top 50 bit.

Also has she written any other books (titles?) that might be suitable for both a Mum and daughter (saves on the amount of books :roll: ). Don't really want to buy at Gatwick as I'm sure all paperbacks there are about 7pounds and I nver bring tham home. Think I've left it to late to order from the web. :roll:
Hi there
You might like to take a look here,they say they are normally despatched within one working day.
http://www.tesco.com/books/browse.aspx?N=4294961567
Hope you find what you want. :)
Haven't read the prison diaries, but i understand he was in Lincoln nick.. that is about 25 miles from where we live... :offtop i know.. sorry..

BHIC, have you read Sons of Fortune.. i read that inside 2 days when we were in Gran Can in March...couldn't put it down...

another book is one i just got ( not by jeffrey Archer) and its called the Twelfth Card by Jeffrey Deaver..
also need advice, I travel on Friday and am trying to find 'PS I love you' by Celia Ahearn as it was recommended to me as a good holiday read for me and my 13 year old daughter.

I'm not a big reader but got this off a friend and I could not put it down, can anyone suggest anything similar.
laudan
Apologies if you saw my earlier reply to doepsmc.
But,there's more of that author's books here,if you're interested. :)
I haven't read any myself,but can only presume that they'll be similair :?:
http://www.tesco.com/books/browse.aspx?N=4294961567
Fiona Ingram

Thanks will have a browse
i have just been to my local flea market and brought 5 jonathan kellerman books for the princely sum of £5. i've never read him before but for that price i can afford not to like him :D
Apparently Cecelia Aherne's latest book "If you could see me now" is tripe!! I still bought it though because like so many others loved PS I Love You. My daughter has read the first few pages (because I'm saving it for hols) and she says it's rubbish. Major dissy!!!.
Apparently Cecelia Aherne's latest book "If you could see me now" is tripe!!
Just got back from the Metro Centre where I have just bought this book :roll: - maybe thats why it was half price !!!!!!
Just read "Gardens of Delight" by Erica James. An ideal summer read too. Has anyone read any other of her books.
I noticed there is a 3 for 2 on hers in Ottakers. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.